Friday, February 27, 2009

two interesting tidbits

numéro une.

apparently doodling helps you pay attention, because it prevents you from daydreaming. so i guess my pages full of random insanity helped me pass those gen. ed. math and chem classes my freshman year.

link: i love doodling!


numéro deux.

the first time i ever bs-ed an assignment was in second grade. it was show-and-tell day, but i forgot to bring something to class. the only thing i had in my backpack was a banana. and it was spotted, not all smooth now-and-later yellow as all bananas should be. quick as i am, when it came my turn, i held up my spotty banana in front of the whole class and declared, "i know this is just a banana, but i brought this to show everyone today, because i call this a dalmation banana."

i think it actually delighted my teacher. "how clever!" she said. oh, little did she know... little did she know.

1 comment: