Thursday, March 5, 2009

needle/thread + new button = better fitting jeans!

i realized why i like baking so much. it's arts-n-crafts you can eat. i love making things, especially intricate things. i love working with my hands and challenging myself to attend the smallest details for a glorious big picture.

i had the epiphany about baking yesterday, and i just thought of it again today, when i fixed a pair if skinny jeans so that they would fit better. all i did was sew a new button onto the waist for a slimmer fit, but i had such a sense of achievement, like i was single-handedly responsible for how well it fits from waist to butt to thigh to calf to ankle, like the whole thing was accomplished by me.

perhaps this is the along the line of me being easily amused, but i take delight in the little things in life. a smile, a hello. a daisy on the side of the road. a little puff of a cloud in the sky. a ladybug wandering on the hood of my car. the last chocolate pudding waiting for me in the fridge...

3 comments:

  1. :) good joerb! oh update your blogroll to my new site when you can!

    http://mjliu.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, quick with the trigger are you :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess this means the pudding's gone? haha

    ReplyDelete